Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's been a long time!

Ok, so I know it's been a long time. What can I say?

I have to excuses for the absence.
1. The holidays... they came, saw and conquered me in every possible meaning of the word.
2. I do taxes, enough said.

Anyway, enough of the bull. During the holidays I pretty much did whatever I wanted, literally. I took the 2 weeks and the end of December to get in everything that I wanted. Jan 4th came and I was hardcore into dieting and exercising. I lost 15 pounds in the month of January. It was awesome, I felt great. Bad part about that is I took #1 to get her toes done with me and I came back with a staph infection. It was so nasty on so many levels. I couldn't wear shoes for a while. I was so happy that this didn't happen during the cold months of the year, haha. I finally was able to get a shoes back on in the middle of last week, so that was good news. During that time the exercising stopped. It was a sad time. I had no energy for anything.

My friend Tamara and I decided to start up p90x this past Monday. We were both really scared and nervous especially from everything that we both have read about the program. Here is what we have done so far:
Monday - Shoulders and Arms (we were suppose to start out on back and chest but I don't have pull-up bar)
Tuesday - Plyometrics

Tonight we are doing the back and chest. I'm going by the store to grab a pull-up bar so we can do everything that they are doing. We have been rather disappointed that we aren't sore. I'm pretty sure that this is our learning curve week. We shall see though. We are going to actually finish what we start tonight. The first night we finished mostly everything. It was a struggle. I think I need to push myself more and work on what I can do with what weights. The second night, with the plyometrics, was challenging. We had a goal of 30 minutes and we did just that. I have a bum knee and it wasn't use to all the jumping, lunges and squats. We also weren't able to do the ab ripper on Monday because the floor is too hard, so Tamara picked us up some mats yesterday at her gym. We found out why the abs weren't made to go after plyometrics, it's because nothing is made to go after that. I have seriously never done so much jumping around. My husband came up stairs from his "man cave" to make sure that we weren't wrestling bears.

I'll try and keep this updated as the days past.

Also something I need to work better on is my food intake.

No comments: