Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh the Mondays

Today I woke up and I weighed myself, as I usually do, and I'm up a couple of pounds. I can't say that I'm really upset about it because I'm figuring that it's because I have been doing small workouts a couple of weeks now. I know that muscle weighs more than fat and I haven't been doing any cardio. With two kids it's really hard to find that 30 minutes to get moving. By the time I put my two girls in the bed it's 9:00 and I can't really do anything but stare and sit there. With that being said I did realize that 2 weeks ago and I came up with a little workout routine. I call it my mommy workout. Every time I change the baby's diaper I do either 10 squats and 20 standing side crunch things or 10 push-ups and 20 crunches. Last week I added 30 jumping jacks to do before each to get my heart rate up. I can tell it's working the muscles because I will be sore and I see them now. I kind of thought that my muscles went away with my teens. The only thing is, like I mentioned before, is that I'm gaining weight. I know I need to add at least 3 days of cardio, it's just hard finding time. I just need to do it for me. I'm going to go for a walk tonight. I have an elliptical trainer but we have been rearranging the house and it's outside on my porch right now. I could use it but right now where I live in Georgia it's still horribly hot. It's really just me making excuses. Yep, just excuses.

Winter is coming soon and I have so many pairs of jeans and I can't get my butt into them, and if I can then it really isn't a pretty picture. I know people like muffins but not above your pants.

I'm going to get my husband to take some pictures of me tonight so I can post them. I feel like that will be super motivation.

My first goal is to drop 5 pounds. I'm going to do that by October 13th. I think that's doable.

This is going to be fun!

Oh yeah, I guess I need to say where I'm starting from.
weight today: 185 (I know, that's gross)
Goal weight: 145-150
Height: 5'8"

No comments: